So what is all that ballyhoo about making a poached egg? Have you actually ever given it a go or are you the kind who plays it safe and goes for the sunny side up or only orders in cafes and restaurants? Well to be honest, it wasn’t an easy one. I have tried unsuccessfully umpteen number of times. Wasted dozens of eggs and removed my frustration on the poor egg, blaming it for not turning into that perfect delicate white cloud with a smoldering golden heart. But I never gave up, and as the forces of nature had it, I succeeded. You see, its extremely simple once you’ve got the hang of it . And with the steps below you’ll be a pro at it. So sit back on your Sofa, read the rest of the post, loose all your inhibitions of poaching an egg and then give it a go !
As written for : The New Indian Express
To start with let me tell you a little more about it. For those who aren’t familiar with what it is. Poached egg is cooked in water i.e. cooking by gently simmering it. This wonder egg is also great when added to soups, salads and topped on a meal. The possibilities are endless and once you’ve mastered this one, you’ll find yourself making these all the time.
So here’s what you need know and do. The best eggs for poaching are the freshest eggs you can find. If they are more than a week old, the whites thin out. The whites of a fresh egg will gather compactly around the yolk, making a rounder, neater shape. Adding a tablespoon of vinegar helps the egg to hold its shape by causing the outer layer of the egg white to congeal faster.
1. Use a small size saucepan which is atleast 3-inches deep so there is enough water to cover the eggs, and they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Also make sure your pot is wide enough to hold the egg you will be poaching Sculptra
2. Break the egg gently in a bowl and keep it ready.
3. If the water is too cool, the egg will separate apart before it cooks; if your water is too hot, you will end up with tough whites and an over-cooked yolk. The ideal temperature would be around 71º- 82º. For best results, bring the water to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer before cooking. To obtain the correct temperature, spin the boiling water with a spoon to cool down the water before you drop in the egg.( Do not drop the egg into boiling water. This will negatively affect the taste and texture of your eggs. Do not add salt, which would do the opposite and loosen the whites Hong Kong florist delivery
4. After you whirl the water with a spoon, gently slip the egg into the center from 1/2-inch above the surface of the water. Let the eggs flow out. The twirling water will help bring it all together . If needed, with a spoon, gently nudge the egg whites closer to their yolks. Immediately cover with a lid and turn off the heat.
5. Set a timer for exactly three minutes for medium-firm yolks. Adjust the time up or down for runnier or firmer yolks. Cook three to five minutes, depending on firmness desired. You can test for softness/firmness by lifting an egg on a spoon and gently pressing a finger on the yolk.
6. Remove from water with slotted spoon. Drain well before serving. Season with salt and pepper small space solutions